CosmEffect
So, as a hobby of mine,  I make 360-Degree videos and also edit images from Jupiter. I united the two together to create a 360-Degree video of Jupiter and turned it into an instrument.

synth.cosmeffect.com

*Tap or touch to play a note, hold to sustain, right click or double tap to stop Sacred.png 

The process started with a black and white shot taken from the JunoCam aboard the Juno prove around the planet and is then heavily edited. The edits involve layering the monochrome images over the already processed image by the mission Juno team. This one involved mirroring the image multiple times to create a pattern. 

The image is then further edited in GIMP and wave animations then added and is tiled and made seamless as well, so as to make it work in the 360 videos. This part of the process ends with an animated GIF file. The gif then goes into a video editor to be made into a video, and is copy and pasted to the length of the audio track.

Audio for the 360s are usually found around the internet and area public domain or are in the Creative Commons. Either that or made in Audacity.

After the video is processed, it gets injected with 360 metadata and uploaded to YouTube. The file itself is viewed in VLC and points to the top of the now 360-Degree video and a snapshot is taken.

For this instrument, I used the game creator, Construct 2 and added parts of the snapshot as buttons with controls that trigger sound and ripple effects.

The process to make this thing took three days, but has been in the making for much longer.
Mind in universe
Universe in mind
CosmEffect

I have created two more of these web app instruments since making the Syntheogon. One, called Singing Wavicles, is based on the dual particle-wave duality of particles such as electrons and photons and another, Sonic Substance, was made to reflect the immaterial yet substantial nature some parts of the universe has, like that of consciousness.

Splash.png 

http://wavicles.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/

Crystones.png 

http://sonic-substance.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/

Mind in universe
Universe in mind
CosmEffect
New IPFS links to the instruments:

Syntheogon

Singing Wavicles

Sonic Substance

(May or may not work)